Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Lord Works in Mysterious Ways

Written by Freckles
"Pray Always, Be believing, and all things shall work together for thy good." The Lord has given us a guide to a successful life, but sometimes life just does not seem fair. I know that I cannot see the bigger picture, but sometimes I wonder why some things happen. Over the past two weeks, I have been through so many trials that I can barley cope.
Just last Tuesday, my beautiful blue Lexus ES300 was parked in my driveway, when an elderly woman jumped a barrier wall and totaled it. Afterwards, I felt such an overwhelming gratitude for life. If the accident had been five minutes earlier, I would probably no longer be on this earth.
Today, however, I am once again questioning life's hardships. The five of us -- Mom, Feisty, Tender Heart, and Sassy -- were in the car coming back from cross-country, when our rental car was wrecked. Rear ended by another car, we were in total shock. Why has the Lord put these trails into our life? After a quick prayer, we regained composure. I know that the Lord has a reason for all things. Though our eyes are blinded by the temporal, he has a bigger picture. With faith, we must press forward reguardless of what lies ahead.

No comments: